RollerCoaster Tycoon World is coming sooner than you think! The highly anticipated sequel to RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 has seen a variety of delays and setbacks from it’s original planned release in Early 2015. Now under developer Nvizzio, the Steam Early Access release date is March 30th.
This is great news for those of us anticipating the new title, although it seems very strange it’s coming to Steam Early Access first. Is this a sign the game isn’t done yet, or a direct response to Planet Coaster heading into Alpha?
“We also want to thank our developer, Nvizzio, and the QA team, who have been working tirelessly on this project” said Atari in a forum post.
“The Early Access version of RCTW includes a ton of content and we hope you will greatly appreciate the progress that we have made since our last public Beta”.
The RCTW Early Access Release will feature the following at launch:
- An innovative coaster builder, combining freeform and piece-by-piece options for ultimate control
- Freeform object placement, allowing you to put every in-game object exactly where you want it
- Curved paths in a variety of widths and styles, bringing your park previously unheard of flexibility in layout
- A fully integrated Steam UGC system, giving you the freedom to create any object you want and import it DIRECTLY into the game
- Fully deformable terrain and water effects to change your park’s landscape quickly and easily
- Steam workshop support, to share content and utilize the creative power of the community
- Steam social integration and park sharing to stay connected with your fellow Tycoons from around the world
- Campaign mode
- An initial set of Scenarios
- The Sandbox mode
- 10 different types of coasters (all complete with ride cams)
- Over 30 different flat rides
- Tons of scenery Items to populate your parks
- 4 different themes (sci-fi, adventure, generic, and western)
- And much, much more