Time for another fun-filled weekend of Darkspore! Beta #5 is open, and once again Maxis has been cranking out those fixes. If you have access to the beta, launch the game to install the patch!
- Made general stability improvements.
- Movie volume now obeys the master volume slider in audio settings.
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to activate their third hero
- Fixed a bug where loot was not displaying properly on the collect/continue screen
- Fixed a bug where squads were not saving properly.
- Fixed some issues where the chat window was capturing keystrokes at inappropriate times.
- Fixed a problem where players were travelling to a random planet despite not completing that Threat Level.
- Improved visual effects for various abilities.
- Changed loot drop colors to be more obvious.
- Improved sound for catalyst pickup.
- The AI director now prefers to place larger clumps of minions during play.
- Fixed a bug where percent-based damage bonuses for abilities were not correctly accounting for stat increases.
- Reduced stat cap scaling somewhat.
- Projectile bonus damage should now be properly reflected in tooltips.
- Retuned the chances of spawning elite enemies throughout the game.
- Reduced the effectiveness of health leech and power leech catalysts.
- Increased the number of health and power capsules that health shrines drop.
- Reduced timer on collect/continue screen to 2:30 from 4:00.
- Increased enemy movement speed in Invasion and Apocalypse modes.
- Reduced the damage of captain-level enemies slightly.
- Decreased NPC damage increase for multiplayer games.
- Increased NPC damage and health in Invasion and Apocalypse modes.
- Reduced the damage of Fragbot Mech-XS.
- Captain-level enemies now have 50% disable duration reduction like bosses.
- Undermind’s Fire Thorns buff no longer reduces melee damage, but the percentage of damage returned to the attacker is increased.
- Fixed a bug where the damage from Undermind’s Fire Thorns buff was scaling exponentially.
- Reduced the base damage of Phantom Charge.
- Reduced Charged Fist damage in PvP.
- Increased the damage and speed of Electron Sphere in PvP.
- Reduced the bonus damage percent from Arc Weld jumping to additional targets and reduced the maximum chaining distance (campaign only).
- Reduced the cooldown time of Twinblaze.
- Fixed a bug where Krel’s Flame Wave would fly over the head of shorter enemies.
- Thunderstorm now channels for only 2 seconds, but lightning bolts drop for 10 seconds.
- Thunderstorm does slightly less damage per strike but strikes more often.
- Thunderstorm only has a chance to hit a particular target once rather than multiple times.
- Thunderstorm channeling can no longer be canceled early by walking.
- A single target can only be damaged by a maximum of two bolts from each use of Webbed Lightning.
- Reduced time between jumps for Chain Lightning.
- Increased the maximum chaining distance for Lumin’s Chain Lightning in PvP.
- Fixed an incorrect damage coefficient in Probability Assault.
- Reduced the damage of the area damage random effect from Probability Assault.
- Added a new random effect for Probability Assault: banish.
- Greatly reduced the damage, reduced the duration, and slightly reduced the cooldown of Auto Turret.
- Fixed a bug where Contact Grenade was being treated as physical damage instead of energy damage.
- Reduced the damage bonus from Target Lock during overdrive.
- Increased the speed of the missiles launched by Missile Barrage, and reduced the delay between the launch and descent phases.
- Fixed a bug where Expunge was not applying the correct amount of additional damage from the DoTs it was expunging.
- Increased the effectiveness of Pain Hounds’ Fire Thorns in (campaign only).