We are still left to wonder what the next project coming from Maxis will be. All we have right now to speculate on is Spore Creature Keeper, a PC game based for the younger audience designed much like The Sims, but with your favorite Spore Creatures. From what I can tell, the job opportunity below does not look to fit that game. Is this for a new Spore expansion that we may soon see? Or perhaps for the version of Spore that will be coming to consoles? I don’t know, we need to hear what Maxis has in store for us soon, the fans are craving for any new pieces of information!
Maxis seeks an experienced Lighter to join the environment team and create outstanding content for an upcoming level based action RPG. Candidate will adopt a proprietary pipeline, assume full ownership of the environment lighting, and work within an established style.
- Create atmospheric lighting that contributes to storytelling in a science fiction setting
- Collaborate with level designers to make compelling gameplay
- Troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues with minimal supervision
- Optimize lighting setups to meet performance requirements while maintaining desired aesthetic
- Adjust textures & object placements as necessary for best results
- 3-5 years experience in game development lighting
- Well organized and able to commit to and meet deadlines. Ability to multitask while still meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; an ability to work effectively with producers, designers, engineers and artists
- Proficient with Maya & Photoshop
- Experience with level population and world building a plus.