A new update has released for The Sims Mobile and there’s plenty of new things to improve the game, including base game items and new events for the holidays!
Give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back Simmers, we have made it to the end of the year at last! It’s time to celebrate this silly season for as many reasons as you think of with your Sims! If you’d rather plan a staycation and snuggle up in a cozy cabin this winter, while it’s freezing cold outside – we hear you! In our Holiday Celebration update, we’re proud to reveal more gameplay improvements, plus our events are filled with tons of festive decorating ideas to make sure this year’s celebration is the best yet.
Quality of Life Improvements
In our previous update, we made changes to our basic ‘actions’ gameplay mechanic, so you can spend more time doing the things you love with your Sims! The team has made some more improvements – let us know what you think!
Improved Starting House
- For new players that install our game and progress through the tutorial levels, you’ll start out with a mode modern first home that is less derelict and contains desirable décor!
New/Expanded Base Game Catalog
- Enjoy a huge haul of new outfits, cultural hairstyles and furniture available for all players to enjoy from the moment you start playing the game.
Improved ‘Surprising Choice’ Mechanic
- The random mechanic that interrupts special moments with your Sims will now occur less frequently, removed some of the scenarios, and occur in more appropriate moments!
- Have you ever struggled to move your décor around your home while you’re in Build Mode? Now you’ll be able to move items by tapping on them, instead of holding the object. Once you’re happy with its new placement, simply confirm your decision by pressing the green tick!
‘12 Days of Wumples’ Seasonal Quest
Wumples the Bunny is visiting Briny Heights and has brought a special quest with her! Check back every day and complete tasks to earn up to 12 seasonal items! You’ll love the inclusive seasonal rewards that range from a Traditional Menorah, Happy Hanukkah Garland, Garlands of Eden, present pile, Elegant Kinara, Joyous Kwanzaa Artwork plus much more!
Treasure Hunt Events
Deck the halls with new winter rewards that complete the perfect cozy cabin in the ‘Season’s Greetings’ Treasure Hunt event! When it’s cold outside this silly season, your Sims will love snuggling by the fire of a classic fireplace with seasonal garland, hanging stockings, festive tree, staircase plus timber décor ranging from a dresser, table, side table and much more!
Plus, we’ve introduced a new ‘Treasure Hunt Explorers Kit’ feature! The helping hand has a variety of benefits and functions similarly to the Sweet Treat Showdown ‘Pro Ticket’ and is available at the beginning of this event for a limited time. Like all true Treasure Hunters should, Sims will wear an archeologist-inspired outfit while in Treasure Hunt Events, plus you will:
- Unlock all events and clue boosts immediately
- Store up to 10 mini-game attempts
- Receive a unique CAS or B/B item
- And receive a bundle of event tokens to give you a head start redeeming your favorite prizes.
See event dates below and here for Treasure Hunt FAQ details.
Sweet Treat Showdown Events
It’s time to see 2020 off with the biggest party of the year! The bakery venue in Parkside will be been transformed for a special winter Sweet Treat Showdown challenge! New Year’s Eve parties can be a lot of work to organize, so we have curated the absolute best of the best décor to help you transform your Sims home into the most glamourous party house! The ‘New Year’s Gala’ event rewards include a glamourous dress and star-headband hairstyle for the perfect midnight moment, plus a countdown timer disco ball, fireworks, drinking bar cart, champagne tower and more!
See event dates below and here for all the Sweet Treat Showdown tips and tricks to become the best baker!
Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in AEST):
- Treasure Hunt ‘Season’s Greetings’: 11-day event starting from Monday 14th December
- ‘12 Days of Wumples’ Quest: 12-day special event starting 16th December
- Wumples Quest: 7-day event starting 18th December
- Sweet Treat Showdown ‘New Year’s Gala’ event: 11-day event starting 28th December
- Wumples Quest: 7-day event starting 28th December
- Wumples Quest: 7-day event starting 9th January
- Treasure Hunt ‘Winter Wonderland’: 11-day event starting from 11th January
- Sweet Treat Showdown ‘Charming Crafts’ event: 11-day event starting 25th January
- Wumples Quest: 7-day event starting 29th January