Please relax. If you desire, grab a towel, be comfortable. Have some herbal tea. The music is set to zen. And our minds are free to mingle with the universe, as we contemplate the mixing of 1s and 0s in this update. We allow ourselves to submerge into our subconscious, as we along with the data, flow together to form all new outcomes.
Ahhhm feeling very one with you right now. The time is ready. Let us find out “the new”.
*sneezes* Whelp, there goes my zen. Oh well…
Half Walls! Not Full Walls!
I’m not sure why we call them half walls, as that would imply we are just giving you one size… a half wall. But we’ve got five sizes for you! So they really are more like Not Full-Wall Walls.
To begin building with your very own Not Full-Wall Walls:
- Open up Build Mode, and click on the Build sort.
- In the picture, select the deck (near fences and doors) called Walls and Empty Rooms
- From here, you can find Half Walls and Half Wall Trims in their similarly named sorts
- Unfortunately I didn’t get the chance to change their names in game… so sadly they are still called half walls. But you and I know better.
You can replace existing walls or draw your own half walls, similar to fences. Once you have placed a half wall, you can texture the wall using Wall Patterns, or modify the trim piece from the Half Wall Trims catalog.
Sims can now lock their doors!
- Click on a door, choose Lock Door For… and select who you want to keep out.
- Once you have chosen who doesn’t get to use the door, you can modify the access list by choosing Allow Access For… and select who gets to come in.
- Or you can unlock the door.
Some new things!
- The King’s and Queen’s Door (allowing only just the men or women to pass through it)
- The Seeing Glass door
- The Smooth Keeper fence
- The Subtle Saucer ceiling light
- 6 new Wall Decals (4 arrows and a male/female decal)
- A male and female Towel full body outfit for all ages
- A pair of slippers for the kids
- Updated the organization for and added all new sorts for your Households, Lots, and Rooms
- Size, Room Type, Lot Type, Price, # of Sims
- Funds and Lot Size for your current lot is now visible when placing a lot from within Live Mode
- This is incredible! To not have to guess what lot size I was playing on, or how many Simoleons I had left to build with… so nice!
- A large assortment of new lots can be found in the My Library tab, from library to park, and residential to lounge (over 25 lots added).
- A new option to place lots from Manage Worlds without entering Build Mode.
World and Venue Interface Oooverhaul
It’s been proven through statistical manipulation that if you use really big sounding words to describe something, it sounds awesome! That said, this is pretty awesome!
The Lot Info Panel layout has been updated
- Residential lot bedroom / bathroom fields are now text entry fields rather than drop downs
- Lot Value and Dimensions are easier to find
- And there is a new button, View Venue Type in Gallery, which takes you to lots of that type in My Library for quick placement.
- This option also exists within the venue type drop down
The World Maps have a new button next to them to View World Info. From within
- Add / edit the world description
- Click View Lot Types to see which lots already exist with the current world, and again easily find within the Gallery if you wish to place a specific lot type.