A new game update has arrived for The Sims 4 that brings a variety of fixes and new features (including basements!). Open Origin to download the update 🙂
It’s the end of March and Get to Work is inches away from your fingertips. However, but before you work your way into a new expansion, we’ve got a release full of stuff.
We’ve got NEW! We’ve got UPDATES! We’ve got Bunny Eggs? We’ve got performance improvements! We’ve got fixes! And hopefully you are comfortable as you read on.
So, let’s jump in with…
What’s new for building?
- Build 2 levels down to create the ultimate in underground excellence.
- The Basement Tool is found in the Build sort, next to the Wall tool. Dig in and start building.
- An additional above ground floor is available for a total of 4 up and 2 down
- For the mathematically challenged, that is SIX FLOORS!
- Move Lot is now an option under Move Lot & House in Build Mode, and can be used to pick up and rotate the entire lot. You can also use the shortcut key [Y] to access the tool
- You can now download lots from the Gallery that are larger than your current lot, and crop them to fit.
What’s new in the game?
- Paint from Reference is a new option on the Easel that lets Sims paint family portraits, landscapes, or whatever else you want!
- We have added a Notebook, found in the phone menu, under a tiny button at the top of the menu (we tried to make the button even smaller, but some folks wanted you to find this new feature).
- Now as your Sim is gardening or fishing and they make discoveries (such as splicing recipes, or what bait caught what fish) these discoveries will be catalogued in your Notebook.
- Your Sims will now meet and build relationships with their co-workers and schoolmates.
- Actions that you can take while your Sim is at work/school have been updated to allow you to gain relationship with or meet more co-workers/schoolmates.
- Non-played Sims (sometimes referred to as townies) now have jobs!
- The “Ask about Career” interaction has been updated to provide career information for Sims that you meet.
- The career information discovered will be found in the Relationship panel. Hover over the Sim portrait to see their career, schedule, and, if they work at a venue (like the bartender), where they work.