An update has been released for The Sims 3 today. It fixes a variety of things, mainly to do with Into The Future. Make sure you take the regular precautions before you patch and check mod compatibility.
❗ Important! Nrass Mods will not be updated to support Game Update 1.66.
To update, open The Sims 3 Launcher and go to ‘Game Updates’.
To install this update, please start your game and use the “Updates” tab in your Launcher.
This game update includes the following changes:
Into the Future Updates:
- Fixed the Laser Rhythm-a-con VFX when on a houseboat
- Corrected a mannequin outfit issue when cloning the clothing pedestal
- Fixed an issue with Plumbot Trait Chips not appearing in the Adjust Trait Chip menu
- Future Sim reactions to SimBots are now more appropriate
- Ghosts no longer appear in the Time Almanac
- Fixed an issue that prevented completion of The Silicon Slinger opportunity
- Descendants names will now update correctly after changing name at City Hall
- Fixed an issue that could cause a teen to be trapped in a child’s body when travelling to the future at the exact moment of a birthday
- Fixed some consistency issues associated with Legacy Statue achievements
- Fixed an issue with the Bot Career not progressing correctly
- Fixed an issue with the Quantum Power Suits not working after reloading a saved game
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Time Traveler to catch on fire and not be able to be put out
- Fixed several graphical errors on the game screen that could occur when changing the resolution
The Sims 3 Store content updates:
Fixed issues that occurred with having the Tree of Prosperity installed with Into the Future
Fixed issue with Baby Walker and Playpen that could cause toddler problems