Nowegian Sims site SimGoodie has posted their Q&A with EA Producers on Generations!
1. This is something I have wanted a long time. Is it gonna be seasons in the Sims 3 Generations?
The Sims 3 Generations focuses on the Sims themselves; who they are and how they interact with each other at different ages. For example, we really wanted the Child age of Sims to be about imagination and make believe; the things that are going on inside their mind, and not necessarily the outside world. Each life phase is defined by how Sims are feeling internally.
2. Will it be some cool new jobs? And will it be like in Ambitions, so you can controll the sims at work?
Sims can join the brand new Day Care Profession in The Sims 3 Generations. In this profession, Sims from around the neighborhood will drop their toddlers off at your house in the morning and your Sim will have to ensure the kids stay happy and healthy throughout the day. How many crying kids can your Sim handle at once?
3. Can the sims go on a university, like in the Sims 2 University?
In The Sims 3 Generations, parents have the option to send their children and teenagers away to a variety of different boarding schools. From Military School to the Sports Academy, parent’s have the options they need to make sure their children get a proper education!
4. Will it be more in the real life when your sims get married? Like in a church, or under “bow” that we had in TS2?
In The Sims 3 Generations, players can throw huge wedding celebrations using the brand new Wedding Arches. After the wedding, Sims might receive wedding gifts in the mail, and can even write thank you notes!
5. What is the new neighborhood called? Is it a “city” like in TS3 Late Night?
We wanted The Sims 3 Generations expansion pack to focus on the Sims themselves, who they are and how they interact with each other at different ages. Because of this, we used the development time to make the key features deeper and more intriguing instead of creating a new neighborhood.