Spore fans, it’s time for another shot at possibly having your creature turned into an NPC for DarkSpore! Maxis is holding a new challenge in which they want you to modify their template for their ‘Ray Shot’ character. Read the details over at the Sporums or view them below:
Fixed Morphology Challenge
In this fixed morphology challenge it’s up to you to modify our template creature to fit the bio provided below. Entries will be judged on creativity, simplicity, adherence to creature bio, and how well they animate. Show us what this creature should look like in the Ray Shot Template Challenge!
Using the template above, submit a creation that shows us how you think the Darkspore Ray Shot NPC should look. Decorate and paint the creature, but don’t alter the base template in any way. Entries will be judged on how cool they look. The second template can be used for non C&C players.
Bio: Ray shots once were solemn, nocturnal hunters, whom the Darkspore turned into homicidal hench creatures. Cunning and ruthless, ray shots unleash death in the form of plasma-bursts resembling miniature comets, one for each enemy who faces them. Those micro-comets can be dodged, but inflict terrible damage on those who fail to do so.
What will the challenge winner(s) get?
Maxis will hand pick the winner in this challenge. The winner(s) will be featured on Spore.com and may be included as NPC designs in Darkspore!
• To submit an entry, tag it with: mcrayshotchallenge
• You can submit as many entries as you’d like
• All submissions must be in by 11:00am PDT November 30, 2010
• Optional: Post screenshots or YouTube movies of your creation on the forum
• No parent author in the lineage other than yourself or MaxisCactus
• No offensive/copyright protected references in entry
• No links/references to other sites in submission tags/name/description
• No cheats allowed
• No using the invisible limbs bug
• Asymmetry is allowed, but entries should be in a default idle stance.