Good news, I suppose! Since today is the release of The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff in the US, a patch to update our games is too! However in the world of EA, patches also mean that you are taking a chance at possibly having to reinstall your game when something goes wrong. So be cautious – wait awhile and watch the official Sims 3 forum for any feedback left by players.
The game update includes a few new features – mostly giving players the Vehicle Enthusiast trait for those that don’t plan to pick up Fast Lane Stuff. Here’s the breakdown below:
This game update includes:
- Sims that drive extensively can now develop a relationship with their vehicles. Vehicles can be named once a friendship is formed.
- The Vehicle Enthusiast Trait is now available. Sims with this trait can name their vehicles immediately and develop relationships with them more quickly.
Base Game Updates
- Fixed an issue where ghosts could become stuck in vehicles under certain conditions. Ghosts will now properly exit vehicles after arriving at their destination.
- Nameable items can only be named when they belong to the active household.
World Adventures Updates
- Career titles for Sims visiting Egypt, France and China will now display in the Relationship Panel tooltips.
The Sims 3 Create a World
- Create a World users need to install a new version of The Sims 3 Create a World Tool. Users can find the Create a World page from the “Games” drop down in the site header.
You may download this patch thru the game’s launcher or if you ask nicely, hopefully our kind readers will provide the direct links to the patches in our comments area. Right now, both Oink (Jack Griffiths) and I are working on the new site design…so we’re pretty much booked. However, once this goes live (hopefully within the next two weeks), I’ll be editing all pages and will upload all the patches/tools that I’ve yet to do. Please be patient in this progress. 🙂