Sigh…Come on, Maxis…get to the good stuff and tell us what new product you are working on. Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
Overview: In this fixed morphology challenge it’s up to you to modify our template creature to fit the bio provided below. Your entry should be in the form of a creature tagged mcquadrakillerchallenge based on the template provided. Entries will be judged on creativity, adherence to creature bio, how well they animate.
Bio: When the factories fell silent after centuries of poisoning the planet, only a few things were left moving on the deathfields of the planet Ballistic quadrakillers were among them. Possessing four arms, each capable of unleashing terrifying volleys of lightning projectiles, the quadrakillers were the product of two centuries of fighting over the last natural resources to maintain life. Devastating in combat, quadrakillers possess one flaw their dead makers never got a chance to fix: following attacks, they enter brief rest moves in which they are vulnerable to destruction.
Template restrictions: You may not modify (scale, move, remove) the spine, legs, arms or mouth. You may swap out the weapons at the ends of the arms as desired. You may add parts anywhere.
These images are meant to generally inform the aesthetic direction you take especially when painting your creature. It’s not a requirement to match your paint to these colors, but we just want to give you an idea of the vibe we’re looking for.
What will the challenge winner(s) get?
A chance to be featured on Spore.com! Maxis will hand pick the winner(s) in this challenge. Finalists will be posted before the winning creation(s) are announced.
- To submit a creature, tag it with: mcquadrakillerchallenge
- You can submit as many entries as you’d like
- All submissions must be in by 11:00am PDT May 18, 2010
- Optional: Post screenshots or YouTube movies of your creation on the forum
- Creation must not have any parent authored by a different creator (other than MaxisCactus)
- Creation must not have any offensive creation in its lineage (any parent or child creations)
- Creation must not have any links or references to other sites in the submission’s tags, name, or description
How Do I use the Template?
- Right click on the small PNG above and choose Save as.
- Open your Spore Creature Creator and drag the png into the editor.
- Add parts and paint to flesh out the character of this creature. All parts including accessory, mech, C&C, and base game parts are allowed. You may not scale, remove or move any parts of the original template, with the exception that the feet may be swapped out for other feet.
Can I use cheats?
Cheats such as AddDNA and Freedom are not allowed. Asymmetry is allowed on the parts you add.
Is outfitting allowed?
Posted at the Sporums via MaxisCactus