Ethan over at Sims 3 Fans (Russian fansite) picked up the official press release for The Sims 3 Create-A-Pattern Tool as well as 4 screenshots showing off the program in action! This is looking good!
EA RELEASES THE SIMS 3 CREATE A PATTERN TOOL – GIVING PLAYERS THE ABILITY TO PUT ANY PATTERN DESIGN IMAGINABLE INTO THE SIMS 3 AND ITS EXPANSION PACKS
EA’s The Sims Studio is putting the power of pattern creation directly into The Sims 3 players’ hands! Available this summer as a free download on www.TheSims3.com, The Sims 3 Create a Pattern Tool allows players to create and share their own original patterns. Registered The Sims 3 players will be able to design a pattern easily, whether simple or elaborate, using dozens of images available in the Sticker Library or layer and modify their own images to create any pattern their heart desires. Players’ creativity is the limit and once satisfied they can then share their pattern creations online on The Sims 3 Exchange.
- Pattern Masters – As the official pattern tool for The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Create a Pattern Tool makes it easy for players to make their own patterns and safely add them to their game
- Customize Sims’ Surroundings – Players can apply newly created patterns to their Sims’ furniture, clothing, floors, walls, and more
- Powerful and Easy – This powerful yet easy-to-use tool is perfect for all types of users ranging from beginners to advanced designers
- Preview to Check it Out – Players can view their patterns in 3D with the click of a button, then export directly to their game
- Share! – Fans around the world can share and download creations through The Sims 3 Exchange
The Sims 3 Create a Pattern Tool is a robust creative tool, which allows players to create millions of patterns and place them on objects in their Sims’ world for a completely unique look and feel to their game. Whether they’ve been hankering for a new plaid for their Sims’ PJs or an exquisite flourish of tiles for their floors, everything they want to create is now within their grasp!