Well what do you know, I have picked up 3 bottles of Dr. Pepper with the promotional code and installed the 14 Spore Mech Parts patch that was shown off a few days back. After installing, I noticed that it updated my Spore game to version 1.06. I can’t say what exactly the patch fixes because there is no notes but I’m sure it’ll eventually wind up at the official Spore site someday. If you want to download the patch for yourself I have added it to the website.
LINKS UPDATED: Download now available! (2nd April 2013)
Spore Bots Parts Pack Notes:
- This is an official Spore patch in terms that it came directly from http://www.spore.com untouched in terms of me uploading it. However, according to MaxisCactus it is deemed ‘unofficial’ due to the fact that they haven’t officially released it themselves: The “patch 1.06” is not an EA/Maxis product. Please exercise caution and only download content from sources you trust. If you install this patch, you will have an unsupported build of the game, which may mean you won’t be able to get help from CS in the future. This patch will allow you to play with the new parts in game, but you will not be able to publish them because it does not grant the entitlement necessary for publication. Rest assured that I haven’t modified it or touched it in any way whatsoever.
- PC Instructions: Install the patch using the setup.exe installer. If that doesn’t work for you, extract the BP2_Data.package file and install it like a mod
- Mac Instructions (or if you can’t get the PC version to install): Go to Finder>Downloads>Spore_Patch_6> then right-click Spore or Spore Galactic Adventures, click “Show Package Contents” then Contents>Resources>Transgaming>C_drive>Spore_EP1>Data> then drag “BP2_Data.package” from the first window to the second and you’re done! (Thanks to Nicholas for sending in the tip)
- Users are reporting you cannot share these creatures by the official exchange due to a lock issue. However it has been reported that you can still share them by posting the PNG file – just not to the official site. This may be fixed when EA releases the patch on their website and removes the lock code.
- Installing GA after installing the Dr Pepper parts pack is unsupported. Click here to find out more about how to fix your game issues if you’ve followed this unsupported path.
- Buy a Dr. Pepper if they are sold in your area to support them.