Yes, the moment many of us have been waiting for – a patch for our game! It may not fix everyone’s problems, but they did manage to cover the basic ones. Here’s the full list of changes:
- Addresses some issues with Speed 2 and 3 moving too slowly. Some machines will have better results when using Speed 2 and 3 now.
- Fix to story progression on/off selection toggle.
- Fix for a possible crash with audio code.
- Fix for babysitter routing off lots with babies.
- Addresses some issues with Vsync and refresh rate problems.
- Addresses some issues with DVD authentication errors and drive compatibility on startup.
- This update deals with some issues on Mac systems that can crash the game while connecting to AFP servers.
- Fix for a freeze that can occur when Sims attempt to clean out bad food from the fridge.
To grab this patch, you can open up your game launcher and it’ll automatically prompt you to update. Or you can visit our Sims 3 Patches section and download a zip file to install it manually (thanks to The Sims Slovenija for providing this!)