Listen up, Sims Community. I’m spreading this announcement for Carrie over at Twisted Sims. She is in need of volunteers for the 2009 Community Exhibition – which showcases various fansites and web designers from this community. I’ll let her kick things off with her post:
For the past 2 years, we have had an exhibition that showcases the websites and designs of creators from around the community (more info can be found here). However, this year a few things have contributed to us not being able to plan the event. At the end of January, I had my third child so I was not totally up to planning during the time we normally would have. Also, Chrissy and Enchantress from Enchanted Forest have moved on to new things.
As many of you know, one person running an event this large would be pretty much impossible. A lot of people have told me that they would like to participate. I would love to have the exhibition, but I would need some help doing it. Below is a list of some of the things that would need to be done.
- Send e-mails to webmasters and designers from around the community inviting them to join the exhibition.
- Answer questions about the exhibition and replying to people who have accepted the invitation to participate.
- Setting up forums for the websites and designers that would like to participate.
- Creating and running the contest area and judging contest entries.
- Designing graphics for various awards that will be given during and after the exhibition.
- Making news posts each day showcasing the new designs that have been added.
- Advertising the exhibition in forums and on news websites around the community.
- …and much more!
If you are interested in helping out with planning and running the community exhibition this year, please post your reply below. I would like the exhibition to take place towards the beginning of August (this could change) and it will last about 10 days. By that time, everyone will be familiar with The Sims 3 and will be able to contribute their creations. Designs for The Sims 2 will also be welcome.
Planning for the exhibition will be starting soon, so if you are interested in helping out and can dedicate as much time as possible to help me make the exhibition a success, please let me know A.S.A.P. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thanks!