Today’s SporeDay is another Contest (I’m digging the fact that they’re having these…if only I was creative enough to attempt one!). This time, it’s a make your own Spore wallpaper from one of your original creations. The rules are very simple to follow, and you’ll need at least some skill to work a paint program. Here’s MaxisCactus with the details:
Many of you have already made cool images and posted them on the Sporum. Now’s your chance to battle it out to create the coolest Spore wallpaper.
Create the best Spore themed wallpaper to win the Sporum Wallpaper Challenge!
How to Submit:
- Make a cool creation in any editor – publish it with the tag mcwallpaperchallenge
- Create a wallpaper that incorporates an image of this creation (dimensions 1024x678px)
- Upload your wallpaper to the web and post a link to it here on the forum along with the name of the creation used (you may also embed a preview image as long as it doesn’t exceed 670 px wide – larger preview images will be removed)
Glory – as always – and a chance to be featured on Spore.com
*In the event that polling exploits are fixed before the submission deadline, finalists will be posted for the community to vote on.
- must not have any parent authored by a different creator.
- must not have any offensive creation in its lineage (any parent or child creations).
- must not have any offensive material, links or references to other sites in the submission’s tags, name, or description
- must be an original piece of art created by you
- must not have any offensive or copyrighted material, links or references to other sites in the submission’s tags, name, or description
Submissions that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered to win this challenge.
- Your creation may be made in any creator
- Your wallpaper may be made using any image editing program
- You can submit as many wallpapers as you’d like
- All submissions must be in by 11:00 AM PST Friday (04/24/09)
I actually was about to start one until I read the bit about copyright material. Darn, really wanted to make a Rabbid wallpaper! Had an awesome idea, too!