Sorry sticky haters, but this post will be up for a few weeks until the contest is finished. Please check below for the latest newsposts. Thanks!
Over the last year, ever since the Creature Creator was released in June 2008, there has been some amazing creations created. In a quest to find the best of these 94,000,000 creations, Sporedum and Sporeprograms have teamed together to find the best creations, in the Uber Creation Contest! There are 4 categories for creations to enter: Creatures, Buildings, Vehicles and Spaceships.
And guess what! You get to decide who wins! Read the rest of the entry for the full details!
If you have any questions, post a comment below.
How to Submit:
- Find any creation, made by any user.
- Get the png link and the sporepedia link.
- send your entries to email@example.com (You can only submit up to 4 of your own creations, but we’d like you to submit creations from other users!)
How to Email:
- The title should be “Uber Creation Contest”
- Inside the email include the png image (as an image or link) and a link to the sporepedia (posting the direct link)
The creator of the winning submission will win a copy of Galactic Adventures, and an exclusive interview with Sporedum, as well as The Glory – get your creation featured across the spore community and beyond!
- There is an internal judging proces which we have organized to select the top 10 creations for each category
- The finalists will be posted up here at sporedum, and then you can vote on the winning creations at Sporeprograms!
- The judges include: Grimbot, Virakotxa, smallboy1995, beta_psi and techno605 (and maybe 1 or 2 more we are still organizing)
- Judges and people affliated with Maxis, Sporedum or SporePrograms may not have any of their creations entered in the contest.
- Must be playable using Spore 1.3, however you can use creepy and cute parts. (This means that you cannot use mods, hacks, or increased complexity)
- Must not have any offensive material
- You may not enter more then 4 of your own creation, put feel free to enter as many as you want from other creators (so pick your best!)
Submissions that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered to win this contest.
- All submissions must be in by 12:00 AM PST Thursday (04/16/09)
- Judges will go through 2 rounds off cutting/voting internally, then all the finalists (10 from each category) will be posted at Sporedum, and you can vote on your final creations at SporePrograms!
- The finalists should be posted before 12:00 AM PST Saturday (04/18/09)
- Voting will take place for 1 week finishing on 12:00 PM PST Sunday (04/26/09)