SimCity™ is back! For more than two decades, the king of city-building simulators has sworn in millions of virtual mayors from around the world. With its return on March 5 2013, SimCity will engage an entirely new generation of PC and Mac gamers as they take charge of their own customized cities. This is a new SimCity that offers a deeper, richer game than ever before, with the new GlassBox engine driving the most authentic simulation you will ever see. We have created a model-like look and feel that makes you want to reach in, poke, prod, tinker and destroy. We have put the simulation right in front of you so you can see the consequences of your actions and really dig in to see how the systems work. This new SimCity has been built from the ground up to be an online experience with a new Multicity feature, which adds a new dimension as your decisions impact both your city and your region, creating new ways to play with friends for the first time.
- Multicity Play Brings New Dimension to the King of City-Builders: Whether you play by yourself, with friends or the rest of the world, cities now exist as a series of interconnected and interdependent entities that make direct and long-lasting impact on one another. Together you will be tasked with addressing issues that mayors across the globe are currently facing, like lowering crime, finding new forms of clean energy and providing clean water. Collaborate or compete, work together to build Great Works, share resources or ignore everyone’s pleas and cause problems for your region. With multi-city play, interact and influence a region of cities – alone or with friends.
- All-New GlassBox Engine Powers a Living, Breathing World: SimCity is a completely connected world, continuously evolving in front of your eyes. This proprietary engine computes micro level data so every choice, big or small, has direct results and unintended consequences, affecting the global SimCity world as part of the ultimate city-building simulation. Truly bringing merit to our phrase: what you see, is what we sim.
- SimCity World Keeps You Connected to Your Friends and the World 24/7: SimCity World is the connective tissue that links you to players from around the world. Through this hub you will be able to participate in Global and Regional Challenges, keep track of friends’ gameplay via CityLog and compare your progress through Leaderboards. Watch as your every move affects the Global Market, the in-game economy where you buy, sell and gift resources.
- Put Your Fingerprints on the City: SimCity’s immersive 3D world and new user experience gives you the power to shape the city you envision. New designs tools allow you to place curvy roads and zone the city to your specifications. Enhance your specialized buildings,like smelting plants, police stations, the city hall and more, with modules that give players creative reigns and added gameplay. Plop your buildings and see how the city’s character changes and evolves based on your decisions. Don’t just build—experiment with your city.
- City Specialization: Create the city you desire and specialize it with a specific industry. Do you want to be a coal baron, or would you prefer to invest in schools and become a beacon for education?The more you customize, the more your city’spersonality and purpose will develop.
Publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Ship Date: March 5 2013 (US), March 8 2013 (UK)
Category: City-Building Simulation
© 2012 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.