This post is reserved to all news pertaining to SimCity Creator for the Wii & DS. Below you will find information, screens, previews, videos and more on the game. It will be updated often, so keep checking back!
SimCity Creator Trailer Preview
One mission, for example, gives you an enormous, spiked iron ball in the middle of town. Then, twisting the Remote in a way similar to Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, you guide the gigantic sphere of death around the map. The goal is for you to completely destroy the city, as fast as you can. It’s a style of fun that Odama and Katamari fans could certainly get behind.
Beyond the Wiimote control, the new ability to curve your roads and the various fresh ways to wreck everything, the last key talking point EA has pushed for Creator is its
“city tour” flight mode. I got a chance to experience that here on the show floor, too – and while not a sensational addition to the design, it is an interesting aspect.
SimCity has always prided itself on the other half of creation–destruction. It wouldn’t be much of a game without this crucial element, and rather than simply port the popular PC mechanics, the team is hard at work to fully utilize the Wii’s remote in some clever ways. Launching a meteor attack on your populous is as simple as selecting it from the game menu, waiting for the red vignette effect to appear on the screen before making sharp throwdown style motions to let all hell break loose. Tornadoes need to be spun up to be unleashed and this is achieved by making a fast stirring motion with the controller in midair. A clear winner in our minds was the murder ball, a huge, hulking spiked ball which dropped from the heavens. Once on the ground you’ll need to tilt the controller left, right, up, and down to roll the ball through the city. It’s an odd mash-up (no pun intended) between Marble Madness and Katamari Damacy and is a great way to do quick and easy demolition.
SimCity Creator for the Wii
Build, play with, and destroy amazing cities with SimCity Creator!
Be a powerful mayor and build your ultimate city—constructing homes, businesses, factories, skyscrapers, freeways, railroads, and much more. Try different city styles, including American, European, Asian, Futuristic and many others. Hire assistants and advisors with unique personalities to help you manage your town and build new neighborhoods. When you want to check out what you’ve built, fly over it in your plane to see all the detail of your design. If you want to give your city a little excitement, send in a giant monster or set off an earthquake to wreck it—you built it, you can destroy it. The fate of your city and your citizens is in your hands!
- Build – Construct amazing cities with a wide variety of choices. Create a New York-style metropolis, a romantic European city, an exotic Asian paradise, a futuristic Cyberscape or combine them to make something truly unique.
- Destroy – Lay waste to your city with a variety of epic disasters, including earthquakes, meteors, and giant monsters. Prepare for and handle unexpected crises.
- Create – Create your city with your Wii remote, using it to draw curvy roads, shape the layout out your neighborhoods, and place landmarks of your choice.
- Hire – Hire assistants who help you run your city and can build new neighborhoods based on their unique personalities.
- Fly – When you feel like getting a closer look, get into a helicopter or airplane and fly through your city and check out all the details of your creation.
SimCity Creator for the DS
Build an amazing city and guide it through history, from ancient times to the distant future.
As your city grows and your population becomes richer and wiser, you will move through one historic era to another. Your technology advances, the look of your city evolves, and the problems you face grow more and more challenging. Earn epic landmarks to enhance your city and mark your progress into the next era. Choose your path through history and make a city for the ages.
- Evolve – From the dawn of civilization to the future, your city will evolve through time, its growth dependant upon your decisions and achievements.
- Make History – Experience historic times like the Renaissance and Industrial Revolution.
- Pictures – Take pictures of your city landscape and exchange with friends by using DS wireless communication. You can see exchanged photos in the menu screen of your game.
- Landmarks – Earn epic landmarks to enhance your city. You earn these monuments each time you progress to the next era of history.
- Modes – Explore two modes: Challenge Mode, where you guide your city through historic ages, and Free Play, where you can create cities within any time of history.
More Screens at the following: