The NPD Group has released US PC software sales data for the week ending June 21, with EA’s Spore Creature Creator coming out on top.
Maxis reported that one million Spore creatures were created and shared during the stand-alone program’s first week of availability. The full Spore game will be released in September.
Sales of Spore Creature Creator were strong enough to place the game at number six on the All Categories list – the only game to appear alongside business, education and utility software.
The Top Ten best-selling PC games in the US for the week ending June 21 were:
- 1 Spore Creature Creator (EA)
- 2 The Sims 2 Double Deluxe (EA)
- 3 Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures (Eidos)
- 4 World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Expansion Pack (Vivendi>
- 5 World Of Warcraft (Vivendi)
- 6 World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest (Vivendi)
- 7 The Sims 2 FreeTime Expansion Pack (EA)
- 8 The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff Expansion Pack (EA)
- 9 Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
- 10 Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (LucasArts)