Want to work on the next huge hit from Maxis? They are now hiring for the position Game Prototyping Programmer. If you meet the requirements (see below) then you may want to drop off your resume. Visit Gamasutra for more details
Maxis is seeking an experienced engineer to focus on prototyping and building gameplay systems for an unannounced next-generation simulation game. Maxis offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
* Fluency in C/C++
* Experience with rapid gameplay prototyping
* Strong math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, etc.)
* Strong data structures, logic, and algorithm skills
* Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on many areas of game development
* Passion for playing games
* 5+ years of game coding experience on at least one shipped title
* Computer science/mathematics/physics or related degree
* Experience with AI programming
* Experience working on networked games
* Experience with code and algorithmic optimization to improve performance
* Experience with shader and/or graphics effects programming
Please start on a true SimCity 5, Maxis! We need you! Thanks to Space Oddity’s blog for discovering this!