A new update for The Sims 3 is now available to download from your game launcher. This will update your game to version 1.55.4.
❗ Remember to disable any mods and custom content before updating
Super Patch (All Regions) – 1.3 GB
EDIT: The Sims 3 News Feed has made the Patch Notes Available, see below!
To install this update, please start your game and use the “Updates” tab in your Launcher.
This game update includes the following changes:
- The Launcher will now show the Base Game version number instead of the highest installed expansion or stuff pack.
Base Game Updates
- Added a new spiral staircase object.
- Added a new ladder object.
- Added a new modular arch object.
- Added a set of new Stilted Foundation objects.
- Lots can now be partially placed on water.
- Holding down the Alt key while dragging out a foundation will now make a single step height foundation.
- Sims can now purchase additional homes using the Real Estate system.
- Sims can now move to a new Town using the Phone or Computer.
- New Pool Blueprints have been added.
- Players will now have more control positioning their lot when importing a lot from the bin to a larger empty lot.
- Fixed a crash that occurs when selling a Sculpting Station and sculpture then clicking the Undo button.
- Makeover Room UI for the Stylist Profession now shows the correct text for non-English territories.
- Games that are saved when paused will now correctly load paused.
- Online In game messages now have headers to explain who the comment came from and where it was directed.
- Sims will no longer freeze when trying to Awaken Bonehilda on Bonehilda’s Coffin.
- The Durasoft Rocking Chair now has correct functionality in Aurora Skies regardless of The Sims 3: Supernatural installation.
University Life Updates
- Sims can now ask their romantic interests to be roommates.
- The ‘Invite to be Roommate’ social is now appropriately available only with The Sims 3: University Life installed.
- PlantSims downloaded from the exchange can now use their powers and have the appropriate needs.
- Love letters received at University are no longer converted into unusable bills when returning to home world.
- Skill gain speeds influenced by the Increased Understanding moodlet have been corrected and are no longer ‘insanely fast’.
- Photos taken from the smartphone while at University are now moved to the inventory upon returning to the home world.
- The Murphy Bed has been made less lethal.
- Sims in the Sports Agent career can now Negotiate Contracts without receiving any errors.
- Sims invited to graduation are no longer duplicated in the relationship panel.
- Roommates in the home world have been motivated and will now autonomously leave the house and go to work.
- Teens who have maximum influence with a social group will now get the appropriate career opportunity when they age up.
- Sims that skip class activities or lecture halls will no longer have their needs frozen.
- Children can no longer gain influence with social groups.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when installing store content while audio is playing.
- The ‘Keep Me Logged In’ feature on the launcher has been fixed to work with the latest patch.
- The Art Appraiser and Sports Agent careers are no longer available through cheats without The Sims 3: University Life installed.
- Sims selecting the Education Career will now start at a higher career level if they have completed a degree from The Sims 3: University Life.
- Having a PlantSim in a household and then uninstalling The Sims 3: University Life will no longer cause some PlantSim features to remain.
- Care Packages will now correctly show up in the gifting tabs.
- All Sims attending a protest in a group now have access to Podium interactions and will all receive the appropriate moodlet when the Protest finishes.
- The Social Networking Skill statistic: ‘Total Simoleans Earned from Blog Donations and Buyouts’ now updates correctly in the Skill Journal.
- When a Sim is en route to class in the University world, the corresponding tooltip now appropriately describes where they are going.
- Selling a Bowling Lane from the Family Inventory and then clicking the Undo button will now correctly remove the Bowling Lane object from the world.
- The wish “Play Sports at the Stadium” wish now fulfills correctly.
- Sims in the University world will no longer get the wish “Talk About new Job”.
70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff
- 80’s prom dress now appears under formal wear
Users who have a large amount of Store content installed will no longer experience their content disappearing from the launcher
Store Sets can now be purchased on the Main Menu.