On February 4, Alala Sims was one of the few Brazilian fansites which attended a sneak peek of The Sims 3 at the Electronics Arts Brazil headquarters. According to what they were told by the producers, the true reason the game was delayed was to be able to have more time to finish and perfect the game (EA went with the whole marketing route for their excuse as it sounds better to the investors and stock holders than “our game is too buggy at this time to be released”).
They were able to play an alpha version of the game – compiled sometime in December 2008 in which they encountered many funny bugs. However, due to their NDA’s they too were not able to take pictures or videos of the game. But they did bring us some information. I’ll list a small sample of what they had to say, but visit their site to read the rest!
- The storie of The Sims 3 is before The Sims 1. Bella and Vladmir are childrens!
- MM recorded two songs in Simlish, Bugersnot and Jumble, that will be in the first expansion pack for The Sims 3.
- The Sims 3 tech online is supposed to be like Spore’s.
- We don’t know yet if we are going to have a Create a Sim’s version before the game’s release.
- Videos that our Sims watch on TV were made on The Sims 2.
- When a Sim was bathing his baby on the kitchen’s sink, the baby just disappeared!
- After a Sim’s death, he was transformed into a ghost and got imprisoned into a wall!
Head to Alala Sims for more details!