Apparently people are having issues with the latest FreeTime patch, thus making them angry and want to smash stuff. If you created clothes with the sewing machine and try to install the new update, you’ll be greeted with this error message during installation:
TSData/Res/Catalog/Skins/Skins.package – Error during update installation. You may need to uninstall and reinstall The Sims 2 FreeTime. Please make sure you backup your saved games first.”
However, MaxiodShannon steps up to save the day with a quick workaround.
If you would like to install the patch now, you can copy the skins.package from the DVD and overwrite the one you have on your machine. This will delete any outfits you may have already created on the sewing machine.
Steps to replace skins.package:
1. Insert The Sims 2 Freetime, Disc 2 or DVD.
2. Locate compressed.zip folder.
3. Unzip TSData\Res\Catalog\skins\Skins.package to desktop.
4. Copy new skins.package (from your desktop) to the location that you have installed the game. Default location is here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins,
5. Confirm File Replace, Yes.
6. Run The Sims 2 Freetime Patch again.
You can read more about this patch fix in MaxoidShannon’s thread at the official Sims 2 BBS. She also mentions a new patch release will be coming out soon with this fix in place.