Life By You has officially been revealed in detail, following it’s teaser by Paradox earlier this month. From life simulation visionary Rod Humble, who previously led The Sims Studio in the days of The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, Life by You promises to be the first Sims competitor.
Boasting an open world, unparalleled creativity and freedom, it looks like this is going to be a game to keep your eyes on. Could this be the Cities Skylines of The Sims world?
Learn more and watch the trailer on the official Epic Games page.
Open up a new world of creative possibilities in Life by You. Be in total control of the humans that you create, the towns that you build, the stories that you tell. And oh yes – mods! As an Early Access game, we look forward to working directly with you, our players, to determine the ideas and content that will drive the priorities in our game development and bring Life by You to full-launch.
We know life is always better with a heavy sprinkle of your imagination, so we’re empowering you with a wide variety of Creator Tools so you can design your lives the way you see fit – or break the rules of life itself. Designed to be one of the most moddable and open life-simulation games, we look forward to the humans, stories, and creations that you’ll make with Life by You.
- Play in an open world: Live life with no loading screens. Strike up real-language conversations. Drive or bike to the countryside. Discover and complete quests to unlock new experiences.
- Expand your creativity: Make your own in-game content through mods. Utilize a variety of deep Creator Tools. Change the gameplay anytime. Life is yours to make.
- Take direct control: Drag and drop your humans into their place – or drive them directly in third-person mode. Live the life of one or tell the stories of many. Climb a career ladder. Fall in love. Raise a family.
- Tell stories through conversations: Every real-language conversation is generated based on your human’s unique situation. You can even craft your own conversations in-game.
- Design your own world: Build your humans’ dream homes or businesses from scratch. Furnish them from top to bottom, inside to outside. Drag, demolish, and rearrange entire towns.
- Create fully customized humans: Design your families in the Human Creator, including deep personality and character traits. Style and restyle your humans at any time.